17 May 2014

Improved software

  Added functionality for more smoothly tuning temp of music, as result I've got:

  • less size of scripts and 1500+ notes allowed stable 
  • scripts sounds a little better

  A little story, why I'm wrote this software.
  Few months ago I'm tried a write music script with dragonborn theme from skyrim manualy, It's taken >5hours but I got just 1/3 of whole music and it didn't sounds good as originally anticipated. So I'm decide to stop and use this 1/3 music piece with hope what I'm continue it in future. But the thought of writing a manualy was really hurt. And I'm begun write software for making scripts in more easy way. First functionality just allowed place notes on track. After, I'm added open/save in midi format, and last I'm added export to lua. Experiments with some midi files show what it's working not good as I'm planned, but step by step tuning this stuff and today it's allowed me export whole "Dragonborn theme" with acceptable quality.   Finally!

p.s. I'll share "skyrim - dragonborn theme" script in future.

2 comments:

  1. Any plans of selling the your software? Am interested. Am tired of manually converting the notes. Am using MS Excel and some macros.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, current version far enough from a level suitable for use by ordinary users.
      For example, not implemented: multi selection by drawing rect by mouse; drag and drop for multi selected notes; playing from specify position and many others small details.
      But you can watch how it's work atm: http://youtu.be/vANOIURYEy4

      Delete